7 Reasons To List Your House For Sale This Holiday Season
Every year at this time there are many homeowners who decide to wait until after the holidays to list their homes for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their new employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
2. Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
5. There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows in the late fall, early winter. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge and reach new heights which will lessen the demand for your house in 2019.
Since spring is the most popular home-selling season, the housing market is ultra crowded with options at that time of year. And if you paid attention during Econ 101, you understand the law of supply and demand. “Most sellers still think they need to sell in the spring, but that means there is more competition for buyers' attention,” says Matt Van Winkle, founder of Re/Max Northwest in Seattle.
But in the winter, there are fewer homes for sale. That competition over low inventory can make winter an ideal time to sell your home.